Lisa Hu Barquist
Complex Business Litigation
How may I help you?
Areas of Practice
- Stormwater Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Law
- Business Dissolution
Bar and Court Admissions
- Florida (SDFL, MDFL, 11th Circuit)
- California (CDCA)
- New York (WDNY)
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law (ranked top 19th nationally) and Law Review
- Yale University (English Literature)
- Florida Bar Federal Government and Public Policy Committee
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Greater Orlando
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Tampa Bay
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of South Florida
For the past 30 years, Lisa Hu Barquist has practiced law in state and federal courts, public and private sectors, national and boutique law firms, on civil and criminal matters, and for several years serving as General Counsel for a food manufacturer and logistics company servicing major supermarket chains. Lisa’s most memorable experience was serving for 11 years as an Assistant United States Attorney prosecuting criminal narcotics violations and civil Medicare fraud in Miami, FL and Rochester, NY. The FBI, DEA, IRS, Bureau of Prisons, and local law enforcement officers recognized her for her service.
As an immigrant to this great country, having worked at her parents’ restaurant starting the age of 13, as a secretary/clerk during college summers, and on high-stress legal matters all honed Lisa to be the person and advocate she is now.
All matters – in life and law -- are dealt with eclectic approaches and persistence and grounded by her resolute belief system in what is right and just, and that she can achieve and overcome pretty much everything she undertakes.