Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Education Law
- Guardianship & Probate
- Collaborative Divorce
- Attorney from September 17, 1999 to Present
- Chair, Elder Law Committee, Orange County Bar Association 2015-2016
- Recipient of the Pro Bono Champion Award of Excellence 2014: Legal Aid Society – Orange County Bar Association
- Appointed as a private Guardian Ad Litem by Judge(s) Higbee, Evans, Komanski, Perry, Munyon, Roche, Smith, Thorpe and others in Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties, having represented more than one hundred thirty children in both termination of parental rights cases and as a private Gardian Ad Litem in divorce proceedings
- University Of Florida’s Frederic G. Levin College of Law’s Program: Juris Doctorate. (President Law College Council , 1998-1999).
- University of Central Florida: Bachelor of Arts: Journalism Major. (President of Society Professional Journalists, UCF).
- Valencia Community College: Associates Degree. (Treasurer Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Valencia East Campus).
Areas of Practice and Services
- Collaborative Divorce, Education Law, Elder Law, Family Law, Guardianship and Probate.
- Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty, Board Member, Religious Liberty Council, 2011-2018.
- Christian Ethics Today Foundation, Board Member, 2008 – present, Chair, 2012-2017.
- Estate Planning.
Aubrey Harry Ducker, Jr. is a member in the Orlando office of CPLS, P.A. He is a member of the Firm’s Family and Elder Law Practice Groups. After serving 6 years in the U.S. Navy, Mr. Ducker began his voyage to become one of Florida’s pre-eminent family law, education law and elder law attorneys.
Following graduation from the University of Florida’s Levin College of Law, Mr. Ducker decided to focus his practice in family law, helping families during the most difficult times of their lives. Whether transitioning through a divorce or encountering other challenges to their relationship, Mr. Ducker helps them restructure their lives in various ways. His experience as a veteran dealing with high stress and conflict helps him guide his clients through difficult transitions and as they successfully grow, develop and fulfill their own purposes. Mr. Ducker’s Family Law Practice includes traditional family law representation in the areas of divorce and all issues incidental there to such as: parenting issues, alimony, child support, property distribution, and related issues; his practice also introduces new strategies, including collaborative divorce, mediation and private trials, to assure his clients concerns are protected and secured.
Mr. Ducker’s passion for helping families through the challenges of their lives led him to not only focuses his practice in the areas of traditional family and elder law, but to also to become a strong advocate for children. He has served as a Guardian Ad Litem in more than 130 cases in both terminations of parental rights cases and as a Private Guardian Ad Litem in divorce proceedings. Additionally, Mr. Ducker has helped numerous families deal with education and school related issues as one of Florida’s few Education Law practitioners. Whether dealing with an Individual Education Plan, 504 Plan, Charter School, Public School or Private School, Mr. Ducker is able to give strong advice information and support to maximize your child’s education.
Mr. Ducker’s practice naturally extended to elder law, as this is another area where families have a difficult time, as they transition into the latter stages of their lives and want to ensure that they are properly taken care of, while securing a hopeful future for their children, grandchildren, and other loved ones. His passion for helping families led him to also practice Elder Law, as a natural extension of his Family Focus Practice. In his Elder Law Practice, Mr. Ducker helps families with guardianships, estate planning (wills, trusts, powers of attorneys, living wills, pre-need guardians, health care surrogates, etc…), probate, and fighting against abuse of the elderly and disabled. He handles these issues from a planning and proactive approach by drafting the proper documents for his clients and navigating them through the Court processes, and, when there is a contested issue, he vigorously represents his clients to help them fight for their rights and protect their interests.
Mr. Ducker’s efforts on behalf of Florida’s families, children and mature population extends beyond his office and the court house and includes having served as a Chair of the Elder Law Committee of the Orange County Bar Association and been recognized by his peers as he has received the Pro-Bono Champion Award of Excellence.
In addition to his thriving practice, Mr. Ducker finds time to volunteer in other areas of need in his community. He has served as a Board Member of Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty and the Religious Liberty Council (2011-2018), and the Christian Ethics Today Foundation (2008 – present, Chair, 2012-2017). He has also regularly volunteers his time as a speaker/educator in his areas of practice.
05/14/2014 • Winter Park, FL
CHILL Program Seminar: Child Abuse Reporting, DCF, Psychologist’s Privilege, and Parental Consent
09/22/2014 • Orlando, FL
National Business Institute: Family Law, Death and Divorce, Everything You Need to Know
6/19/2015 • Dallas, TX
CBF General Assembly: Jubilee, or What to do When Financial Crisis Strikes
10/27/2015, 8/18/2017, 6/8/2018 • Orlando, FL
Institute for Paralegal Education: Guide to Family Law – Ethics and the Paralegal
Bankruptcy Region 21 Chapter 13 U.S. Trustee Seminar: Elder Care in Bankruptcy
Bankruptcy Orlando division Chapter 7 U.S. Trustee Seminar: Elder Care in Bankruptcy for Beginners